Boom Beach is like Warcraft Normandy, or something. It has beautifully styled cartoony 3D graphics. The interface and control are great. The animations and action are great. I like the explosions, and the transition effect with the clouds is great. The only problem with this type of game is that you can only play for a few minutes, then you have to let it sit and build. It's how they get you to buy diamonds - the only real way to 'power level'. There's some use of tactics in the battles, some luck in revealing map areas. The customizing is fun - choosing troops and all of the other upgrades. The totem buff system also adds to the personal crafting of your base, Johnson.
My character is V-Note Lastname.
If you like Boom Beach you may also like...
These are for building statues, an idol looking thing. You need a sculptor to make statues. Statues buff your stats. Statues are made of 7 stones. You will continually reclaim completed statues throughout the game. When you reclaim a statue, you get one of the next larger size stone - Reclaiming an Idol will give you one Shard. There are 3 stone sizes:
- Fragment (Idol)
- Shard (Guardian)
- Crystal (Masterpiece)
There are 4 classes of statue:
- Life (green, production)
- Ice (blue, building defense)
- Magma (red, troops)
- Dark (purple, random, rarest - iron production +, victory resource +)
You can get a Dark Crystal, there are even shards! So that's kinda' cool.
- Do recon. Check the level of each of the opponents items.
- Identify safe areas outside of range an in the safe area of ranged weapons.
- Enter on a beach side that is out of range, when there are freebies, to build battle power.
- If you have enough money you can test your landing routine on a beach, and just use the retreat feature.
- Artillery can damage items next to each other. You could hit 3 or 4 items with one shell, potentially. The only time this is efficient is when you want to take out a mine that happens to be next to something.
Don't spend gold on territory or submarine expeditions. These are for rich people. Just work within your range.
Appears after defeating Hammerman L10. This is the one of three places to get Dark stones (Submarine, Victory Point). Seems to come every 10 levels. You start at Terror level 1, then beat as many as you can in a 24 hour period. This is like an implementation of a big boss, I guess.
First big boss is Hammerman's HQ, L 10, red.
Land and target the red idol. I keep getting whomped.
Finally got it. Got into a glut of nothing to do but get killed and lose gold. That's the trick - You play for 5 minutes, then put it down for an hour or 2.
Dr. Terror Has Landed. L9. Terror stage 1) Appears to be timed at 24hrs. Flank attack. Terror stage 2) More crowded, but same, go up the right side. Terror stage 3) L15. Totally boned. The HQ regens way fast.
Hammerman L20, Sneak around the right.
Aniki 16 - HQ L18, take out Cannon first, then Boom Cannon.